Biotinylated Primer for S1 probe?

phillip buckhaults buckhaults at bscr.uga.edu
Sun Mar 3 03:27:14 EST 1996

Would someone post advice on S1 nuclease protection to map transcriptional start
sites?  I would like to make use of a biotinylated primer i have to synthesize a
probe, either by using klenow or PCR, and then blot the protected products for
avidin-AP detection.  I have no experience with this kind of assay, so there may be
an obvious reason why using a biotinylated primer will not work.  Any comments on
this type of approach, or a pointer to a good traditional protocol would be helpful.

thanks in advance.

Phillip Joe Buckhaults
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
Life Science Building, Room B316
University  of  Georgia
Athens Georgia  30602
Phone (706) 542-1701
Fax   (706) 542-1759

"Let us not confuse effort with achievement"