Touchdown PCR protocoll?

Olivier Gandrillon ogandril at ens-lyon.fr
Tue Mar 5 18:33:14 EST 1996

Hi

I have been using the following protocol with some (i.e. not always)
success to get rid of contaminating bands in my PCR reactions:
95°C for 5 mn, then

72°C for 2 cycles (95°C, 30"; 72°C, 30"; 72°C, 45") then
70°C for 2 cycles
68°C for 2 cycles
66°C for 2 cycles
64°C for 2 cycles
62°C for 3 cycles
60°C for 3 cycles
58°C for 24 cycles

72°C for 10mn
Goto 4°C

Of course the final temperature has to be determined first: you want to
use a temperature where you know you amplify your fragment of interest
and the contaminating bands. Hope this helps.

Olivier