Can dessicants be dried in microwave?

Mark Dowton mark_dowton at uow.edu.au
Tue Mar 5 23:42:03 EST 1996

I have dried dessicant in small lots (1-2 g) in a microwave.  It works
well, but obviously best if it the dessicant is well spread out.
Otherwise, the evaporating water gets reabsorbed by surrounding dessicant.
It is quite nice to watch it rapidly turn bright blue.  One caution, use a
glass container, not plastic, as the latter sometimes melts.

Mark_Dowton at uow.edu.au