Want: Simple sequencing gel reader

Frances Hannan Zoology flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 6 06:31:30 EST 1996

r-litt at uchicago.edu (Bob Litt) writes:

>I want to locate a simple sequencing gel reader I once saw advertised in a
>magazine.  It is a small device with a small window and 4 buttons.  You
>can view your sequencing gel through the window over a light box, and the
>device plugs into a computer.  As you read the gel, you can depress the
>buttons to enter the sequence to the computer.  It seemed like a nifty,
>simple solution to a tedious chore.  Has anyone ever seen, or used such a
>device?  Thanks in advance.

It is a Sequenceboy (!) from Integra Biosciences. US phone number
1-800-886-8675. I tried a demo model but decided to stick with the
Graf/Bar digitizer we already had in the lab.

--
Frances Hannan
flh at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
"I feel like a mosquito in a nudist camp - I know what I ought to do, but
I don't know where to begin..."