Prok. expression vectors; anything that is not based on Lac operon and Amp R?

Hedrick Lab lkane at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 7 17:16:58 EST 1996

Mikhail:

Thanks for the info.  A couple of additional questions... You say that
you MUST use another origin of replication, yet I've heard from various
sources that it is possible to get both plasmids in if you simply
maintain the necessary drug selection.  Is this efficiency just very
low?

Secondly, which of the plasmids that you mentioned (i.e. with a replicon
distinct from ColE1) are high copy number?  I'd like to get decent
expression in the bugs, so I'd assume that having the high copy number
would help.

Thanks again for all of the tips.

Craig Walsh