rodent DNA and/or brains

Juergen Brosius RNA.world at uni-muenster.de
Thu Mar 7 08:54:51 EST 1996

We would like to continue evolutionary studies on neuronal small
cytoplasmic BC1 RNA in rodents.  The RNA is present only in rodents.
Thus far we have sequences from rat, mouse, chinese hamster, guinea pig
and P. Deininger just looked at squirrel, gerbil and deermouse.  With
these sequences we cannot discriminate yet between several possible
secondary structure models.  We would appreciate DNA samples or brain
cortex for RNA isolation and/or info where to get them for the following
species:  Aplodontia rufa, Myocastor coypus, Cenodactylus gundi or C.
vali, Arvicola terrestris, Castor Canadensis, Heterocephalus glaber,
Hystrix cristata or H. leucura or H. indica, Erethizon dorsatum,
Chinchilla laniger, Octodon degus, Thryonomuys swinderianus, Pedetes
capensis, Geomys bursarius, Anomalurus peli, Muscadrinus avellanarius,
Graphiurus murinus, Eliomys quercinus, Ctenomys boliviensis, Jaculus.
Of course other species of a given genus would be welcome too.  We d
also be happy for suggestions to cober all branches of rodentia. Thanks
in advance.
Juergen Brosius
University of Muenster
e-mail:   RNA.world at uni-muenster.de