Want: Simple sequencing gel reader

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 15:48:00 EST 1996

Bob Litt wrote:

> I want to locate a simple sequencing gel reader I once saw advertised in a
> magazine.  It is a small device with a small window and 4 buttons.  You
> can view your sequencing gel through the window over a light box, and the
> device plugs into a computer.  As you read the gel, you can depress the
> buttons to enter the sequence to the computer.  It seemed like a nifty,
> simple solution to a tedious chore.  Has anyone ever seen, or used such a
> device?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Bob Litt

I use a DOS program called TYPESEQ. This reprograms the ASDF keys as TCGA (or
any other order of bases) so you can type one-handed without looking. Saves as
Staden or GCG format. And it's free (at least I didn't pay for it.....).

Andy

 Email  : andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk  : University of Bristol
 Home   : andy at cycad.demon.co.uk     : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone  : +44-1275-549257            : Long Ashton
 Fax    : +44-1275-394281            : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW    : http://www.lars.bbsrc.ac.uk/plantsci/molbiol/andy.html