Leaky Mini-ProteanII unit.

Dima Klenchin klenchin at macc.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 7 15:50:39 EST 1996

In article <4hnhrr$p9i at daily-planet.nodak.edu>,
   jweiland at badlands.NoDak.edu (John J Weiland) wrote:
->Just a question about the leakyness of this unit.  I've followed the
->instructions about not filling the reservoir up too high to ensure that
->capillary siphoning is avoided, but I'm still getting more leaking now
->than on a previous Mini-ProteanII unit.  Are the gaskets different than
->what they were 8 years ago?  Will putting some molten agarose along the
->spacers help reduce the problem?  Amy other ideas?  Thanks!
->
->John

I have NO leak with newer unit, while the older one always leaks to some
extent. I'd simply return the unit and ask for another one.

- Dima