NEEDED: codon bias table for Pseudomonas

Peter Wang plw at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 18:51:23 EST 1996

Robert Johnston <RJOHNSTON at USCCMAIL.BMS.COM> wrote:
>I need to clone a gene from a Pseudomonas sp. using amino acid sequences from a purified protein
>and PCR utilizing degenerate oligonucleotide primers.  Does anyone know  where I can find a
>codon bias table for Pseudomonas so I can optimize the primers?  Has anyone PCRed the correct
>fragment out of a Pseudomonas genome using primers constructed from the "generic" gram
>negative codon biases given in the Current Protocols red book?  Please respond here because my
>Email is acrting up.  Thanks in advance.                            Bob Johnston

A reference for codon usage in Pseudomonas and many other organisms is:

Wada K-n, Wada Y, Doi H, Ishibashi F, Gojobori, Ikemura T. (1991) "Codon usage tabulated from the GenBank genetic sequence data". Nucleic Acids Research, Vol. 19, Supplement, pp. 1981-1986.

Hope this helps!

Peter Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering,
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH, England

Tel (01223) 402104  (international calls +44-1223-402104)
Fax (01223) 402140  (     "          "   +44-1223-402140)