Store DNA concentrated or dilute?

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Fri Mar 8 11:31:16 EST 1996

In article <drg-080396112149 at ache.pharm.pitt.edu>,
drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu (Duke Groebe) wrote:

> In article <4ho1b0$t0a at taco.cc.ncsu.edu>, Susan Jane Hogarth
> <sjhogart at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > For some reason I always have thought that it's better to store DNA relatively
> > concentrated - I guess I heard somewhere that it's more stable that way. Is
> > there any truth to this? Any thoughts as to a good concentration range?
> > --
> >

> > Susan Jane Hogarth

Oh yeah, since H2O is not buffered, you run the risk of depurination of
your DNA if the pH is too acidic.

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!