PCR through GC-rich

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 9 08:14:12 EST 1996

In article <scapuano-0803961331370001 at 159.14.44.15>, MAN!!! <scapuano at cb
il.humgen.upenn.edu> writes
>Anyone have suggestions for PCR through VERY GC-rich regions (80% or
>more).  Have tried formamide, glycerol, etc.

Try using a PCR buffer that does not contain potassium as this
stabilises secondary structure. There was reference to this recently as
a single sheet in NAR. Have a look at my homepage for an alternative
buffer.

Duncan
DNAmp Ltd.