Protocol for RT-PCR in shrimp

Sittiruk Roytrakul - SCBC - 3536459 g3536459 at mucc.mahidol.ac.th
Sun Mar 10 02:03:30 EST 1996

	I have been working on the PCR for detection of Yellow-Head virus
(YHV) in shrimps.  YHV is known as the RNA virus.  I used the Trizol
Reagent (GIBCO BRL) for the isolation of RNA from hemolymph of shrimps.
The reagent, a mono-phasic solution of phenol and guanidine
isothiocyanate, is an improvement of the single-step RNA isolation method
developed by Chomczyniki and Sacchai.  Would anyone suggest any protocol
that is more simple and rapid for RT-PCR in shrimp or any other organisms.
Thank you very much,
g3536459 at mucc.mahidol.ac.th