Store DNA concentrated or dilute?

Paul N Hengen pnh at cockleberry.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Mar 11 17:58:16 EST 1996

Bernard Murray (bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov) wrote:

: A long time transfecter in our lab maintains that storing plasmids
: at too high a concentration (eg. much more than 1 g/l) leads to
: concatamer formation which reduces transfection efficiency.

How do concatamers form in purified cccDNA???? I can see how a batch of
restriction digested vector DNA which is frozen and thawed can give you
transformants with concatamers, but with cccDNA it doesn't make sense.

Paul N. Hengen, Ph.D. (pnh at ncifcrf.gov)
National Cancer Institute--FCRDC--Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201 USA
phone:(301) 846-5581 fax:(301) 846-5598