single band from rRNA from brachionus sp.

paco marcof at uv.es
Wed Mar 13 09:36:30 EST 1996

We are using a phenol:Chloroform method for RNA extraction always for plants.
We tried to apply the same method for RNA extraction from brachionus, related
with C. elegans. The results were good: we obtained a lot and good RNA,
but...only appears a single band of rRNA with the same weight of 16S rRNA.
Degradation can be discarded: absorbance and gel running showed us.

Please, can someone out here give us an explanation for this????.

Thanks in advance.