What size DNA stays in soln when NH4AC ppt?

Riekeltje Koedood rkoedood at bio.bu.edu
Thu Mar 14 15:42:17 EST 1996

John Dixon (jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: Hi, I know that Ammonium acetate precipitation can be used to selectively
: precipitate large DNA while leaving most of the primers/oligos/nucleotides
: in solution, but what size spins out?

: Specifically will 100bp fragments ppt or not?

: (Im adding NH4OAc to 2M and adding three vols 100% etoh, spin 15 min max,
: wash 70%)

In my former lab we used NH4OAc precipitation to clean up radio-active marker
(pBR cut with HpaII). We definitely retained 47bp fragments.

Marieke