Mutagenesis kits

Rick Neubig RNeubig at
Thu Mar 14 17:59:56 EST 1996

Hello netters,
We are having a particularly tough time with PCR mutagenesis in
a highly GC rich region of our gene. I'm thinking that using a single
stranded mutagenesis kit might help us get around these problems.

We had used the Altered Sites kit in the past but it wasn't particularly
easy or successful.

Have there been improvements to the single stranded mutagenesis
protocols in the last couple years and which kits have people had
success with?

Rick Neubig                             RNeubig at
Department of Pharmacology         University of Michigan
Phone (313) 763-3650                 FAX   (313) 763-4450