Reuse of Qiagen Ni-NTA Spin columns??

Bradley Turner bturner at MED-ITVAX1.BU.EDU
Fri Mar 15 19:18:09 EST 1996

Dear Bio-netters,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the "silica-Ni-NTA"
(that is Nickel-nitrilotriacetic acid) spin columns, made by
Qiagen and used for the isolation of 6-His tagged proteins,
can be regenerated and reused.  I have regenerated and resused
the somewhat comparable His-Bind Sephadex resin of Novagen. And
Qiagen states that their Ni-NTA-Agarose resin can be reused, their
technical folks were not very clear as to whether the spin silica-
Ni-NTA columns could be reused.

I just wanted to know if anyone may have tried it, and what your
experience has been, and your method.

Thanks,
Brad

		    Bradley Turner
	         Beth Israel Hospital

Harvard Medical School		617-667-1215 phone
Division of Gastroenterology	617-667-2767 fax
Room Dana 536			turner at sprcore.bih.harvard.edu
330 Brookline Avenue		bsturner at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02215		bturner at med-itvax1.bu.edu