Help: Lambda purification kits

Ulrich Harttig harttigu at bcc.orst.edu
Fri Mar 15 14:16:33 EST 1996

Greetings all,

I will apologize in advance, since I may be covering old ground, but must
admit that I have not read this group in a while.  However, my lab
colleague has and pointed out the recent thread about other's
difficulties with Qiagen plasmid preps, which leads me to my question....

What has been anyone's experience with various lambda phage purification
kits from the various manufacturers???  I have recently been using
Qiagen's Lambda kit with which I obtain minimal recoveries of apparently
clean DNA, BUT I am unable to successfully use it in transfection
procedures.  Of course, this may be due to other factors, but I am
interested in trying some other prep, hopefully without resorting to CsCl
banding and avoiding organics if possible.  Tall order????

I would appreciate any replies, to the group or by direct e-mail.

Ciao,

Pat O'Neal
tragenp at bcc.orst.edu