Wizard PCR purification from agarose gel

Song-Kun Shyue shsu at HEART.MED.UTH.TMC.EDU
Mon Mar 18 15:32:47 EST 1996

How big is the fragment you want to purifiy? If that is too small, close to
200 bp, you need to incubate it much longer or even put into cold room to
have better binding. I purified a 100 bp fragment by incubating in ice for 5
min, after melt the gel in 65 C and mixed with resin, and that worked
perfectly. Agarose of 1.0% gives me no problem, I don't know about 2% gel
you can dilute it to test. Final vol. or or dilution mix is not important,
about 3.4X resin with your melted gel (1.0%) will bind well. Good Luck!

Song