cracked gels?

Darren Boehning boehnin1 at jeflin.tju.edu
Mon Mar 18 09:26:12 EST 1996

In article <4i96lu$ijs at news.doit.wisc.edu>, Helkor at facstaff.wisc.edu
(Helen Korsmo) wrote:

> Does anyone have a tried and true method for drying high percentage SDS
gels (>15%) without
> cracks?  I'm using minigels, 1.5mm thick.

Try a .75mm thick gel, might be alot easier.  We routinely dry 20%
minigels under rather standard procedures, including fixing, enhancing,
ect.  Make sure you have enough vacuum (house vac bad!) and make sure it
is completely dry before removing from drying apparatus.  If at all
possible, do not put in -80, this tends to break it up upon thawing.
Darren Boehning
Thomas Jefferson Medical College
Dept. of Pathology