Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) regeneration after DFP?

Alan Alan
Tue Mar 19 11:16:28 EST 1996

Achim Treumann <a.treumann at dundee.ac.uk> wrote:

)snip)

>Can anybody point us to any of the following compounds (commercial
>availability, a kind gift or an easy synthetic approach):
>
>- P2S (1-methyl-2-hydroxyiminomethylpyridinium methane sulfonate)
>- hydroxyiminoacetone
>- N-phenylnicotinohydroxamic acid
>- formhydroxamic acid

If any chemical is commercially available it is listed in CHEM SOURCES
(one for Europe, one for North America).  You might also take a peek in
the Dictionary of Organic Compounds, which almost always includes
synthetic references if a compound is listed.

"Organic Syntheses" should have a general synthesis of hydroxamic acids
hidden in there somewhere, probably in an early Collective Volume.  I'd
look for the one from benzoate - one imagines it has few possible side
products and tends toward crytallinity - which make for good yields.

--
Alan "Uncle Al" Schwartz
UncleAl0 at ix.netcom.com  ("zero" before "@")

(Uncle Al has been Officially convinced to "voluntarily" shut down his
homepage.   You can own his complete 529 essay collection.  Surf by
before it dies!)