transfection standard

Soeren Jensby Nielsen sjn at biobase.dk
Tue Mar 19 09:34:41 EST 1996

Hi netters!

Does anybody know of a promoter-reporter construct that is NOT regulated
by Sp1?

We would like to do cotransfections including our favorite promoter and
Sp1 or Rb (known to regulate through Sp1 sites in some cases) expression-
vectors, and to correct for fluctuations in transfection efficiency it
would be nice to have an internal standard that is independent of Sp1
( and Rb)

Alternatively: Is there any other way of approaching this apart from re-
lying on equal transfection efficiency and doing Bradfords?

sincerely

Soeren