pAX Fusion Protein Vectors

Torsten Boerchers borcher at uni-muenster.de
Wed Mar 20 17:38:10 EST 1996

Krish Sakhamuru <cepks at bath.ac.uk> wrote:

>I am having difficulty in finding suppliers of pAX Fusion Protein
>Vectors. USB previously supplied them, but since their absorption into
>Amersham International, this range has been deleted. These vectors are
>useful for the specific isolation of foreign proteins fused with E.coli
>coded b-galactosidase.
>
>These vectors have sites coding for collagen and factor Xa recognition
>sequence enabling isolation of the foreign protein from b-gal by cleavage
>with collagenase or factor Xa; downstream of these sites is the multiple
>cloning site which ideally for me has an EcoR1 site followed by a Sal1
>site (non-overlapping, distance varies depending on the particular vector
>from the pAX range). These vectors carry lacZ gene including the lac
>operator, the pBR322 origin of replication, and amp resistance marker.
>
>If any list members can enlighten me as to the the whereabouts of these
>products or the availability of (extremely) similar fusion protein
>vectors, I would be very grateful. I believe these products are based on
>the work of:
>            Stephan Scholtissek & Frank Grosse, Gene 62 (1988), 55-64.
>
>Many thanks in anticipation.

>* KRISH SAKHAMURU                                                  *
>* Postgraduate Student                                             *
>* School of Chemical Engineering                                   *
>* University of Bath              Office/Lab: 4West  2.12          *
>* Claverton Down                  Tel: +44 (0)1225 826826 Ext.5374 *
>* Bath BA2 7AY                    Fax: +44 (0)1225 826894          *
>* United Kingdom                  E-mail: cepks at bath.ac.uk         *

Dear Krish,

we obtained our pAX4 vector from
MoBiTec
Wagenstieg 5
D-37077 Goettingen
Fax: +49-551-34987

You may also look into Boehringer catalogue
for pEX and pXa vectors, which also should
provide 3´fusions with lacZ.

Usual disclaimers
Kind regards
Torsten Boerchers

                          Torsten Boerchers                            /
    _/  _/_/_/ _/_/_/    Institute of Chemical- and Biochemical Sensor/
   _/  _/     _/   _/   Research (Molecular Biology Group)           /
  _/  _/     _/_/_/    Mendelstr 7, D-48149 Muenster, Germany       /
 _/  _/     _/    _/  Fax: +49-251-980 2890 Phone: +49-251-980 2880/
_/  _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/  E-Mail: borcher at uni-muenster.de              /