Qiagen RNeasy: Early precipitate??

QIAGEN qiagen at kaiwan.com
Wed Mar 20 12:54:38 EST 1996

------------------------------
>Dr James A. Hill,
>Gatty Marine Laboratory,
>University of St. Andrews,
>East Sands, St. Andrews, Fife.
>KY16 8LB. U.K.

Jim,
I am sorry to have to tell you, but the precipitate that formed in your
lysate after the addition of ethanol indead contains your RNA. The formation
of this precipitate is quite normal and should not be removed.

To avoid clogging, please try the following recommendations, all of which
 will result in more efficient lysis and a less viscous lysate:
€ use extra Lysis Buffer RLT
   (RNeasy kit contains enough for 800 µl RLT per prep)
€ use syringe/needle or QIAshredder after homogenization to shear genomic DNA
€ spin homgenized lysate ‹ BEFORE the addition of ethanol ‹ to pellet
    insoluble debris ‹ RNA will stay in supernatant

To discuss in more detail, please give our QIAGEN UK Tech Service Department
a call at 01306-740325.

Brigitte Steude Masone
Product Manager
QIAGEN Inc.