influenza hemagglutinin abs

Chris Boyd chrisb at
Wed Mar 20 07:29:56 EST 1996

Thomas R. Anderson (babco at wrote:
: In <4hnbhr$sjt at> jung at (Mauro)
: writes:
: >
: >Hi! I would like to know where I can get the antibodies raised against
: >the nine-amino-acid peptide sequence(YPYDVPDYA) derived from the
: >influenza hemagglutinin protein. Thank you.

: Berkeley Antibody Company (BAbCO) has both a monoclonal and polyclonal
: antibody against the HA epitope.  If you want more information (I don't
: want to get too commercial here) please let me know.

Well I hope you get better luck with getting a reply after emailing
BAbCO than I did last year on October 31st (to Tracy King) and on
November 21st (to Tom Anderson).  Still waiting...

Boehringer Mannheim (with whom I have a research-only connection) also
market the anti-HA 12CA5 antibody.

Best wishes,

Chris Boyd          | from,  \MRC Human Genetics Unit / Western General Hospital
chrisb at| not for \        Crewe Road / Edinburgh EH4 2XU / Scotland