Help: looking for a source for phytochelatin.

Jin-Hong Kim jhongkim at hyowon.cc.pusan.ac.kr
Sat Mar 23 04:29:25 EST 1996

I am looking for a  source for phytochelatin (PC)  or cadystin (a metal
binding peptide), the molecular composition of which is   (r-GluCys)n-Gly
(generally n=2-11, but I'd  like to have n=2-4).

I am a graduate student of Dept. of Biology of Seoul Natl. Univ. in Korea.
To investigate  the  induction profiles   of the PC   by the  heavy metal
stresses and the compositions of PCs  with different values  of n,  I  am
trying to  separate Cd-PC  complex through Sephadex G-50 gel  column.  In this
experiment,  I need standard chemicals  for PC with n = 2-4,  because PCs with
n=2-4 is reported to be normally found in plants.
Unfortunately, I do not have any idea where can I get it or whom do I have to
contact.

Please help me and I will greatly appreciate.

                                                                Il-Sun Yun

E-mail : isyun at power1.snu.ac.kr
         jhongkim at hyowon.cc.pusan.ac.kr