SDS in western blot transfert

Lionel Berthoux Lionel.Berthoux at
Tue Mar 26 05:20:00 EST 1996

   Hi everybody,

   we have a problem performing western with a small protein. We think the problem is related to the basic nature of this protein so it doesn't transfer well and it doesn't stick well to the membrane. We believe this problem is not seen during the migration because of the SDS that uniformizes the charge of the molecule. Now I'm thinking about adding SDS in the tris-glycine-methanol transfer buffer so the question is: Has someone already tried it ?

                  Lionel            Lionel.Berthoux at