DNA binding Protein Inhibition

Pamela Norton pnorton at lac.jci.tju.edu
Wed Mar 27 12:49:07 EST 1996

In article <hall0236-2503961408180001 at x160-189.chem.umn.edu>,
hall0236 at gold.tc.umn.edu (Tina Hallis) wrote:

> I am a graduate student at the University of Minnesota.  I am seeking
> information about inhibition of DNA binding proteins.  I am aware of the
> inhibition due to antisense oligonucleotides, but are there any
> experiments where DNA analogs are used for inhibition by actually binding
> to the protein?  Any references or other information would be greatly
> appreciated.

Tina,

   Yes.  Check out Clusel et al, Nucl. Acids Res. 21:3405-3411 (1993).
There are several additional pertinent references mentioned in this paper,
and I am sure that more recent work exists as well.

   Good luck,

      Pam Norton

--
Pamela A. Norton, Ph.D.          Assistant Professor of Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA 19107           p_norton at lac.jci.tju.edu