Plant Expression Vectors

Masashi Ugaki ugaki at abr.affrc.go.jp
Thu Mar 28 20:51:16 EST 1996

Hi Randy,

We have constructed a series of plant expression vectors and they are
freely available on request.  They have:
1) Several different length and numbers of CaMV enhancers
2) CaMV core promoter
3) TMV omega translation enhancer
4) phaseolin intron
5) unique restriction sites for gene insertion
6) nos or 35S terminators

We checked expression levels of all these constructs using both transient
(tobacco protoplasts) and stable (tobacco and rice transgenics) expression
systems.

Data has recently been published in Plant Cell Physiol. 37, 49-59 (1996).
If you want a reprint, please let me know your snail mail address and I
will send it to you.

Hope this helps

Masashi UGAKI
National Institute of Agrobiological Resources
ugaki at abr.affrc.go.jp
Phone: 81-298-38-7442
Fax: 81-298-38-7408

ugaki at abr.affrc.go.jp