GST Fusion stuck on sepharose

Simon Dawson Simon.Dawson at
Tue Mar 26 12:33:37 EST 1996

John wrote:
> We are using the pGEX 2T and 3X vectors.  However, we cannot get the protein
> off of the resin.  Any suggestions?  We have tried high glutathione and NaCl.

    Not sure that I remember it right but we had a guy here with the same
problem. I _think_ he said he adjusted the pH and that fixed it. Not being
familiar with the pGEX system, I don't know whether he raised or lowered it.
Still, it's somewhere to start. Hope thats of some help,

Dr. Simon Dawson       TEL:+44 (0)115 9249924 ex. 44787
Dept. of Biochemistry  FAX:+44 (0)115 9422225
Queens Medical Centre  Email:Simon.Dawson at
Clifton Boulevard
U.K.                   "Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray.