DNasing RNA samples

James Graham graham at biodec.wustl.edu
Wed May 1 10:36:56 EST 1996

If you want to heat your RNA you had best chelate all the divalent
cations, or you will get significant hydrolysis above 70C, or so I'm
told.

I have been using a protienase K digest and organic extraction to
inactivate DNAse. I remeber having residual DNAse problem frequently
after adding it to Lambda preps in the past, hence the protease
treatment.

Jim
J. Graham PhD
Biology Department