Inclusion of restriction sites ...ERRATUM

David Micklem drm21 at
Mon Nov 4 06:26:51 EST 1996

<andrei.popov at> wrote:
>>That must have been a REAL miracle!
>>If you have:
>>    aattcNNNNNNNNNgaatt   +  aattcNNNNNNNNNgaatt
>>    ttaagnnnnnnnnncttaa   +  ttaagnnnnnnnnncttaa
>>plus phosphatase plus T4 ligase and you got a digestable EcoRI site?!
>>star activity or what?
>Why is this so surprising?  Self-ligated products cloned perfectly
>into the NdeI site of pCDNA3, which I believe is what I wrote.

Funny! On _my_ newsreader it came out:

>P.S. The PCR product I was attempting to clone, did clone when
>     self-ligated (after 5' phosphorylation) followed by digestion
>     with EcoRI.

Maybe we're talking about different messages here?

Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
Tel: [+44] (0)1223 334129     Email:drm21 at
Fax: [+44] (0)1223 334089