Alk. phosphatase substrates

Gordon Munro g_munro at
Tue Nov 5 11:17:41 EST 1996

Yves.Durocher at ("Durocher, Yves") wrote:

>Hi !
>I am looking for sensitive chromogenic substrates for alkaline
>I'm actually using PNPP which is probably the worst substrate.
>Any help appreciated.

Are you requiring soluble or insoluble substrate.   I may be wrong,
but I think that pNPP is the only soluble substrate that you can use
in colourimetric assays.  Of course you could go down the fluorescent
pathway instead - lots more substrates...

Gordon Munro            email:  g_munro at
Cytocell Ltd

visit our website:

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Cytocell Ltd.