Reasons for PCR failure....?

David Demezas demed at vms.ucc.okstate.edu.
Wed Nov 6 13:26:21 EST 1996

We had some problems for a long time until one of my graduate students
started looking at the storeage buffer of Taq pol.  There is a big
difference in the storeage buffers.  Some storeage buffers have Triton
X-100 and others have nonidet-P40 and Tween 20.  Our best results have
been with those buffers with nonidet and tween which by the way I
believe PE Taq is stored in this type of buffer.  Check your buffers;
like you we tried everything-so we thought.