differential display RT-PCR

Louis Alarcon lha at med.pitt.edu
Thu Nov 7 11:02:55 EST 1996

In article <55qubb$81k at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Joachim Seybold
<j.seybold at ic.ac.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone knows whether primers for differential display RT-PCR are
> comercially available (e.g. as a kit)?
> Thanks.
>
> Joachim

There are a number of commercially available kits.
I compared the cost of buying one such kit for 10 reactions (24 primer
combinations; ie, three 3' primers and eight 5' primers). This was the result:
the kit cost was $315.00, while buying "a la carte" came to $68.16.
We have had good results at a fraction of the cost by ordering
oligonucleotide primers and the other reagents from the standard mol-bio
sources.
Good luck,
Lou

Louis Alarcon, MD