Site-directed mutagenesis

Lynne_M_Roxbee_Cox Lynne_M_Roxbee_Cox at sbphrd.com
Mon Nov 11 19:23:51 EST 1996

KHUANG at CHEMVX.TAMU.EDU wrote:

> Hi, Netters,
> I am trying to do some site-directed mutagenesis by PCR, <snip>
> Does anybody have used "QuickChange Kit(stratagene)" to mutagenese more than 8kbplasmids?
> Any other suggestion?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Huang

Hi,

I haven't used the Quikchange kit on a plasmid greater that 8kb but I have
used it on one of about 8kb with no problems at all. As long as your
extention time is increased and you allow enough dNTP's, I don't see why
they'd be a problem.

Good luck,

Lynne
--
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
  and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.