best mutagenesis kit?

Jeff Cohlberg cohlberg at csulb.edu
Mon Nov 11 18:42:55 EST 1996

I'm planning a project in which mutations creating new restriction sites
will be introduced into existing expression vectors.  Recently in this
news group I've seen the Stratagene QuickChange, and Promega pALTER kits
mentioned.  A colleague of mine uses the Clontech Transformer kit. I would
prefer to avoid PCR methods, since I already have my coding regions in a
vector.  Any words of wisdom as to the relative virtues of various kits
available?

 Jeffrey A. Cohlberg, Professor
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90840
Phone: (310) 985-4944	FAX: (310) 985-8557   E-mail: cohlberg at csulb.edu