DNA size markers

Youhua Xie xie at made.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Nov 12 05:54:09 EST 1996

: >In article <32221290.3700 at uottawa.ca>, "\"Dr. Douglas A. Johnson\""
: ><johnson at uottawa.ca> writes
: >>We have been using purchased phiX174 digested with HaeIII as the low
: >>molecular weight size marker for our RAPD gels. The cost is mounting as
: >>we turn more and more to RAPD technology. Can anyone suggest an easily
: >>made DNA/restriction enzyme combination that could substitute for the
: >>commercial marker set? I would prefer a sequenced plasmid as plasmid
: >>isolation in our hands results in much higher yields that phage RF.
: >>
: >>Thanks
: >>
: >>Doug Johnson
What is a RAPD gel? I use pUC18/19 digested with mspI as the low molecular
weight size marker for my PAGE gel. It's excellent.