Wanted:Method for transfection of primary human fibroblasts

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 19 23:20:47 EST 1996

In article <coovert.1-1911961944560001 at maryann.med.ohio-state.edu>, coovert.1 at osu.edu (Dan Coovert) wrote:
#Hi All,
#   I am having toxicity problems with lipofectamine in transfection assays
#on primary human fibroblasts. Can anyone suggest a protocol that results
#in reasonable transfection efficiency of primary human fibroblasts? Even
#with optimization I am only getting 2-3 cells in a field of 10E7 cells by
#direct immunofluorescence. Please e-mail me at coovert.1 at osu.edu with any
#protocols, refs or helpful comments.

Try electroporation. Worked for them better then lipofection with stable
transformants always > 10^(-5). Not sure how this translates into %
of transiently transfected.

- Dima