Why freeze autorads?

Samuel C. Blackman blackman at tigger.cc.uic.edu
Wed Nov 20 13:02:41 EST 1996

My labmates and I, obviously with too much time on our hands, were
wondering why we put our 32P-labelled autorads in the freezer at -80C.
Our advisor hypothesized that the low temp. promotes a more "focused"
autorad, but without a good explanation for that.  The decay equation
has no mention of temperature, so we're stumped.  Any ideas?

-- Sam

Samuel C. Blackman        ! InterNet : blackman at tigger.uic.edu
MD/PhD Student (4/8)      ! Disclaimer: I speak for me, not UIC!
Univ. of Ill. at Chicago  ! Quote : "Quandro potro io finir di stupire?"
Dept. of Pharmacology     ! Phone : 312/996-4983 (lab)  Fax: 312/996-1225