RT-PCR leak?

Ken Howe howe at DARWIN.UCSC.EDU
Wed Nov 20 16:41:38 EST 1996

I've noticed that I get leaky expression from the upstream (same
orientation) URA3 gene to an unrelated and promoterless gene fragment in
the pYES plasmid in yeast.  Not quite what you're asking, but along the
same lines...

Ken

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, J. Carvajal wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:06:10 +0000
> From: "J. Carvajal" <jcarvaja at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>
> To: methods at net.bio.net
> Subject: RT-PCR leak?
>
> Hi all:
>
> Does anyone know of a reference where two un-related genes, located
> closely in the same genomic region and transcribed in the same
> orientation, have been co-amplified using RT-PCR?
>
> In other words, is there any case of leaking transcription where two genes
> are transcribed as one because the polyadenylation signal is not read
> properly?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> J. Carvajal

               "You know, it sure would be amino world without RNA"

                                  Kenneth Howe
                     Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
                             Department of MCD Biology
                             University of California