Help to find Methicillin

eric anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Fri Nov 22 15:59:00 EST 1996

About a year ago, i took the advice of some people in this group and
started using Methicillin in my LB/Amp plates to supress sucker colonies
and it worked magnificently.  now i'm out of Methicillin and Sigma no
longer carries it (according to our purchasing dept.) and i can't find it
in any other catalogs that i have.

does anyone else have a good source for Methicillin or a similar
antibiotic (or another name for Methicillin besides what's listed in the
Merck Index)?  if so, i'd appreciate hearing about them.

thanks in advance,

eric

--
Eric C. Anderson