RNA purification question !!!!!!!

Thibaud Le Mouel lemouel at antibes.inra.fr
Mon Nov 25 05:32:00 EST 1996

>I have a RNA purification problem .
>I am purifying total RNA from mouse liver by using the "Guidinium
>thiocyanate-acid phenol" method. I have used this method with succes before
>in order to purify RNA from other tissues and cells. Now I am working with
>the liver. However, when I am precipitating the RNA using isopropanol a
>"snow weather" of a white material is precipitated. I believe that this is
>glycagon but I don=B4t know how to remove it. I have tried to solubilize the
>pellet in 5 M LiCl which also worked - but when I precipitated the RNA again
>the "snow" appeared again.
>
>Please give me some good advices.
>
>Hi from Teis
>Teis Jensen, Ph-D-student.
>INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY
>AND IMMUNOLOGY
>University of Copenhagen
>Panum Institute; 22.5
>Blegdamsvej 3C
>Dk-2200 Kbh.N
>
>Tlf:(+45)35327867
>Fax:(+45)35327851

A colleague of mine had the same problem and he try a guanidinium buffer
with 1% sarcosyl and it works very well.

Good Luck.

Thib.

   /O O  ./      .'   * Th. Le Mouel  <lemouel at antibes.inra.fr.>  *
    / .  . )    \     * 123, bld F. Meilland                      *
   .(   _(   )_.'     * 06606 ANTIBES CEDEX    FRANCE             *