WHY DON'T WE FREEZE 35-S AUTORADS ?

slavemaster z un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 25 11:41:46 EST 1996

In article <32972C66.6873 at mac-biocomputing2.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE>,
user at mac-biocomputing2.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE says...

>Hi ...this week I followed the "cool" discussion about why do we freeze
>autorads and while I was reading all the answers I was wondering why
>don't we freeze autorads when we expose dried polyacrilammide gel for
>sequencing where the isotope used is usually 35-S instead of 32-P !!!???

...snipped...

Simple Davide !

the energy of 35 S beta emmissions is so low, that most of the radiation simply
will never REACH the f******g screen ! So no photons will be created that then
WON'T reach your film from behind !

slavemaster z