Gycogen co-precipitation with DNA?

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Mon Nov 25 17:18:51 EST 1996

Joel Bader (baderja at aub.mindspring.com) wrote:

> Can anyone help me with the use of glycogen as a means of visualizing
> DNA during precipitation? I  would like to co-precipatate DNA with
> gycogen during ethanol precipitation.  I've heard it can be used
> successfully for that application.   I would like any references and
> any instructions you can provide. Thanks in advance!

@article{Hengen1996Junetibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Carriers for
precipitating nucleic acids",
volume = "21",
number = "6",
pages = "224-225",
month = "jun",
year = "1996"}

@article{Helms1985,
author = "C. Helms
     and M. Y. Graham
     and J. E. Dutchik
     and M. V. Olson",
title = "A new method for purifying lambda
{DNA} from phage lysates",
journal = "DNA",
volume = "4",
number = "1",
pages = "39-49",
comment = "mussel glycogen as carrier",
year = "1985"}

@article{Tracy1981,
author = "S. Tracy",
title = "Improved rapid methodology for the
isolation of nucleic acids from agarose gels",
journal = "Preparative Biochem.",
volume = "11",
number = "3",
pages = "251-268",
comment = "oyster glycogen used as carrier",
year = "1981"}