DNA-affinity chromatography with AB1

Jose Luis Carrasco carrasco at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Tue Nov 26 05:19:45 EST 1996

  Dear colleagues,

  I am trying to purify a specific DNA-binding activity by
DNA-affinity chromatography using the AB1 resin from Pierce
(also called Emphaze). However I have failed to couple
a multimerized oligo to the resin using 0.1 M MOPS-NaOH
pH 7.5, 0.6 M Sodium citrate, as coupling buffer and
following the protocol recommended by the manufacturer,
which is intended for protein-coupling.

  Any information, comment or advice about using AB1 for
DNA-affinity chromatography will be highly appreciated.

  Thanks alot in advance.

  Best regards,

  Jose L. Carrasco
  e-mail: carrasco at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
  Max-Planck-Institut fuer Zuechtungsforschung
  Cologne (Germany)