Bailey's Irish Cream

David Micklem drm21 at
Wed Nov 27 10:05:07 EST 1996

In article <57h4ui$h64 at>, david.martin at (Dr.
David Martin) wrote:

>In article <57fg35$1rt4 at>,
>   pnh at (Paul N Hengen) wrote:
>+>I am desperately looking for the reference to using Bailey's Irish
>Cream as
>+>a blocking agent for western blots.  I think it was in BioTechniques
>in the
>+>1980's, but I cannot find it. Do you happen to know where that
>article is?
>There is also a reference to using photocopy (Xerographic) paper in
>place of the membrane.. gives reasonable results too from what I
>recall from the paper.

Yeah, wasn't that in Analytical Biochemistry?  I even tried it (once) at
the time but wasn't terribly impressed....

I've seen the Bailey's reference too - a neighbouring lab had it posted on
the wall  but its been taken down and no-one remembers what the journal
was.  Paul, please post it if you do find out!

Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
Tel: [+44] (0)1223 334129     Email:drm21 at
Fax: [+44] (0)1223 334089