baffling pBluescript stuff...

David Micklem drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 27 17:13:39 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.961127142201.2572P-100000 at bio02>, Ed
<ed at bio02.bio.uottawa.ca> wrote:

>the frustrating thing is that I can't even hypothesize some massive
>deletion or anything because I have cut out the inserts with enzymes that
>are on opposite ends of the MCS. The primers I'm using for sequencing
>also seem fine because two other clones from the same library screening
>have sequenced beautifully. It's just that the two clones I can't
>sequence are the ones that I would want most dearly for they are the ones
>with longest inserts.

Hi Ed,

If you can cut out the insert, why not just subclone it into some lovely
fresh new pBluescript/vector of your choice.....

David

D.R.Micklem,
Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
UK
Tel: [+44] (0)1223 334129     Email:drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fax: [+44] (0)1223 334089