Thermostable Klenow

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 27 09:10:10 EST 1996

In article <jkropp-2611961242300001 at 128.218.128.248>, Jerry Kropp
<jkropp at itsa.ucsf.edu> writes
>Hi Netters:
>Anyone out there know of a source of thermostable Klenow (if that's not an
>oxymoron!)?
>In the interests of keeping this post short I won't explain this idiotic
>request. But if you really want to know, just ask.
>Thanks in advance,
>Jerry

Klenow has both polymerase and 3'-5' proofreading exonuclease. You can
get KlenTaq which is thermophilic but has no 3'-5' exo. Pfu and Pwo
should be functionally equivalent to Klenow.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Dr. Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.