How to show protein interaction?

zinc zinc at zifi.genetics.utah.edu
Thu Nov 28 02:12:33 EST 1996

"Thorsten Schmidt" <Thorsten.Schmidt at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> Dear Reader!
>
> I have a protein and I just want to test if it forms dimers, trimers etc.?
> (The protein was purified by HisTag-Chromatographie and is in solution
> (20mM Tris, 0,5 M NaCl, 1 M Imidazol))
> What is the simplest way to do this?

well, i would either run it on a native gel with good standards, do
some gel filtration chromatography or if you have access to one, use
equilibrium sedimentation centrifugation.

-pjf
--
"Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin (1773)